PREVENTION OF CORONA
Corona virus is a virus from a causing illness ranging from common cold to severe respiratory syndrome. It is a zoonotic virus mainly transmitted from animals to humans. COVID 19 is a new stain of virus discovered in 2019.
Common signs of infection include the following
- Respiratory symptoms
- Shortness of breath and breathing difficulties
- In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia and even death
Standard recommendations made by World Health Organization to prevent the spread of virus include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, thoroughly cooking meat and eggs. Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing
STEPS TO AVOID THE SPREAD OF VIRUS
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
- Wash hands often
- This is essentially to be done with clean water and hand wash or soap for 20 seconds
- Use sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching mouth,eyes,nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Close contact with people suffering from virus (1 meter or 3 feet)
- Follow good respiratory hygiene.
- Cover mouth during coughing and sneezing with bended elbow or clean tissue and dispose of the used tissue properly and immediately.
- Use face mask
- Isolate yourself as soon as you get any signs of viral infection
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- Stay informed and follow the instructions given by healthcare practitioners.