World Hearing Day is awareness campaign organizer by Office of Prevention of Blindness and Deafness of the World Health Organization (WHO). Various activities are organized throughout the world. The campaign’s objectives are to share ample information regarding the day and promote actions towards the avoidance of inability of hearing. Each year, the World Health Organization selects a specific theme and creates awareness about it by all means. The published material is translated into several other languages to the WHO selects a theme, develops educational materials, and makes these freely available in several languages.
The official theme for World Hearing Day 2021 is Hearing Care for All.
Both policy makers and general public are targeted. Attention is drawn towards the unaddressed cases of hearing loss. Policy makers are encouraged to invest in cost effective interventions that will benefit the affected individuals and will bring financial returns to the society. General public is made aware regarding the hearing loss and how the risk can be reduced by adequate actions.
It is expected that world hearing day 2021 will have a sound impact and all sectors can demonstrate their leadership by making this year’s event the largest one the country has ever seen.
The theme can be divided into the followings i.e.
- Good hearing and communication are important at all stages of life.
- Ear related diseases can be prevented through certain actions such as avoiding loud music or sound and taking proper care.
- diseases can be addressed when timely identified and treated with due care.
- People having hearing loss should get proper medical help
- Be aware that the affected listener may have difficulty understanding speech, even with a hearing aid.