People all around the world celebrate WORLD SPINE DAY every year on OCTOBER 16 to raise awareness regarding spine health. Spinal problems such as backache, neck strain, abnormal curve in the vertebral column and disc problem can have a notable impact on person overall health state, affecting one’s ability to perform and carry out day to day activities.
Following are the statistics which must be discussed and considered on WORLD SPINE DAY:
- Low backache is the major cause of disability all across world
- Almost every one experience back pain due to exertion, tough routine.
- Neck pain is the most common pain leading to spinal issue.
- Muscle spasm
- Problem in walking, sitting and lying might be the reason for spinal issue
- Posture issues
Following are the few tips that can help in recover back pain:
- Recognize the nature of your pain
- Try to warm up your body
- When you feel pain, try to walk for few minutes to avoid strains
- Try to sit straight. Do not cross your legs, it causes pressure on spine.
- Keep away from wearing fitting clothes
- Stretch your body off and on. This will help in maintaining and balancing body posture.
- Your food intake must be very healthy. Try eating organic food. Try those food that reduces inflammation in the body.
- Try not to sleep on your stomach it triggers back pain.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Keep your routine activities healthy regarding your outdoor activities.
Following are the signs and symptoms of spinal issues:
- Severe backache, neck pain
- Weakness, numbness, tingling and loss of senses in your hands, fingers, feet or toes.
- Difficulty with balance and walking.
We can rule out spine issues by following screening:
- CT SCAN